Friday, February 02, 2007

The move is done, the office is bare

My new office is functional, but rather bare. The walls are institution white in my little office and loony-bin-light blue in the hallways. It's rather odd.

The other interesting part of this building is the distinct lack of a lock on the front door. This has led to a wallet, a purse and a laptop all being stolen out of people's offices. One could blame a the lack of a lock, but instead the victims are blamed as having no common sense. Bravo!

I have not left anything here, so I am not missing anything. I figure it is just a matter of time before the desktop computers disappear too. Of course, it could be all the pesky lawyers trying to sneak out with them (like I did a few weeks ago), because leadership always HATES initiative.

3 Comments:

Blogger swd said...

Hey there -- congratulations on getting the move done. I'm surprised that you guys don't have a lock on your front door!

If I've figured things out correctly here, I think that I'm in the neighboring county to your east.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Thanks! Looks like we're neighbors, can I come work with you?

Everyone should check out SWD's blog too:
http://indigentdefense.blogspot.com/

1:02 PM  
Blogger swd said...

I think we only have one guy here who came from your office. As far as I know, anyway.

If you're looking for a change, hit me up at publicdefender1963ATyahoo.

And, even if you aren't, I don't understand why the two biggest offices in the state don't have more rapport, especially since we are so close. Perhaps a happy hour?

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home