Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Moving Offices

Our office is moving buildings some time soon. How soon? Who knows. It was scheduled for Dec. 11th, and then for this week, then for next week. Somehow, I think we may be there by February, but I'm not holding my breath. In fact, I haven't even packed. I'm optimistic about the possibility of new offices, but of course, the realistic side of me is dreading the next few weeks.

I'm pretty sure that the phones and the network will not be up by the time we get into the new building. This presents a host of problems for everyone. There will be no stop in court dates for people, which means that we'll need access to e-mail and for the court's computer systems. I predict a lot of angry people in the weeks to come.

It's a nice idea though, a new office. It will combine the previously spread out offices that we all inhabit. People tend to lose files around here, so maybe being closer to the other attorneys will help keep that to a minimum. Maybe not.

I think it's time to move to the private sector.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home