Thursday, October 26, 2006

Goal!


Our co-ed indoor soccer team, BALL, won 10-1 last night. Yay! We have never had such a decisive victory, even against short-handed teams. This team looked like they have a few guys who knew what they were doing, but they didn't really utilize their women, and they did have a few guys who looked new or at least inexperienced.

I was excited to have my first game with 4 goals! (Techincally, only 3 of the goals counted, because the other team whined so much about one of them that the ref agreed to take it back. He only agreed since it was 6-0 and he simply gave into their bitching. They said the throw-in went off the ceiling net, which is a penalty, but A: He didn't see it, and B: It didn't hit the net. But the goal itself was sweet, a throw in from Sam that I headed into the goal past the goalkeeper.) My previous record was 3, coming last season in a 3-3 tie. That was a much more exciting game actually. We were down 3-0 at half time, and I had been playing in goal. I wanted to play up front because I had been watching their defense and had devised a cunning plan to score. So, I came out and made Shawn play in goal for the second half. He did well, they didn't score, and I got a hat-trick! Very exciting. Last night's game was not as close, obviously, but it was still pretty fun to get a good rythm going with everyone. Hopefully that will carry over to the games against some of the better teams.

On Tuesday night my men's team had a disappointing game. We lost 7-0 against the top team in the league. Well, it can only get better (hopefully!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home