Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ankle Sprain

(Don't my slippers look comfy?)
I sprained my ankle, but only a little. As you can see, it's a bit swollen, and just a little black and blue. I was playing frisbee yesterday and ran into a kid; his shoe fell off, my ankle turned over, it was pretty funny looking. I would have laughed if it hadn't hurt. So, I plan on a few days of rehab and then I jump back into the mix. Soccer is off this week, so that's lucky. I have a week to recover, then it's back to Saturday frisbee, Tuesday Men's League Soccer, Wednesday Co-Ed Soccer.

Hopefully I will be going biking today. The ankle should be fine on the bike, as long as I don't fall to my left in any way that requires me to catch myself on it. That would suck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although this bruising and puffiness look bad, it is certainly not the worst I've seen on this kid's foot. It's important to keep in mind when reviewing his various injuries that in general, he bruises like a fruit.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Ouch. I'm not a fruit.

I did go for a ride (on the street), and it helped. It's good to flex the foot, stay limber etc.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks much worse than the time I fell down the stairs in Long Island. That was just a baby sprain.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home