Sunday, October 01, 2006

New Bike


Shocks.... Pegs.... Lucky!!

OK, it doesn't look this cool, but I got a road bike. I've been wanting to ride more, also get some training in for mountain biking. The problem with just having a mountain bike: there are no trails nearby, so I have to haul the bike and everything off in the car and then go for a ride. Now, I can just step out the door and do a few miles if I feel like it. Today I went over to Oakhurst village, near Decatur. It was a cool ride, mostly backstreets, only 45 minutes.

I'm looking forward to riding more often now, and even going carless to work sometimes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa - Nice! Welcome to the road biking club! What did you buy? Julie - does this mean you're going to be getting one too?

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I got a pretty generic one, it's 18 spd, Shimano 105 components. I was looking for something sturdy and reliable that I can ride in the city (without it crumbling on the pot-holes). I think the brand it Scattante? It's a mid-range road-rider.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't yet, but I might need to. Now that it's starting to get dark earlier, it's hard to get out to go mountain biking. And riding my mountain bike on the roads around here is a pain in the ass... quite literally. :)

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home