Friday, September 08, 2006

Gone, baby gone

The jewel is gone. We can't find it anywhere. We were putting together new patio furniture, the heavy metal kind, and the wifey thinks that it may have popped out when she slammed her hand into some part of it. . . but it's not anywhere around the house.

Luckily, we have a great insurance company, and they are already on the case. They're working on it in shifts. They buy bulk diamonds and they'll replace and repair the broken one. OR, you can take their replacement $$ and get yourself your own new stone. Plus, there is no deductable, which is nice.

Too bad this rock is missing, but at least we aren't out the cost of a new one!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This whole thing is kinda crazy. I slammed my hand Wednesday evening and noticed it missing Thursday afternoon. I have no idea when it actually fell out, because I wear it all the time and don't really notice it any more. I've narrowed down the places I was in this less than 24 hour period:
1. The dining room (that's where we assembled the furniture)
2. The kitchen (not to cook, just in the fridge)
3. The bedroom
4. The bathroom (including the shower which upon closer inspection has a ridiculously wide-guage drain cover)
5. 2 different bars (yes I know I'm a lush, that's the not the point here)
6. Ballet class
7. 2 cars
8. The deck
9. The backyard
10. The living room
11. My office

I'm completely overwhelmed. And my hand feels weird. I've been wearing that thing for over 5 years. :(

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and it's crazy to me that a diamond is lying around somewhere. It could sit there forever or someone could just happen upon it. "Hey, is that a penny? Oh no, it's a diamond. Maybe I'll pick it up."

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you guys going to take a replacement or take the money and replace it yourselves? Maybe you should upgrade it for her Jason, lol.

And an additional question - you take ballet class?

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do take ballet at the Atlanta Ballet Education Centre (-re because they are artists I guess? Or perhaps a nod to the French?). I take class on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, which happens to be the days that Jay play's soccer.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home