Friday, May 19, 2006

Tree Bruise



At Julie's insistance I am posting the aftermath of the fall... of course this bruise is past its prime, since the picture is Friday and the crash was on Monday night. You get the idea right? The tree I hit must be much more bruised than me. I think I heard it crying.

Actually, in terms of bruises from biking this is not my worst. I had one back in March on the right side of my butt. It was really nasty. It had that dark purple "pooled-blood" look to it. Fun stuff. That was when I was going a bit too fast on a down hill and hit my left handlebar on a small tree. It sent me for a very fast forward fall on my right side. I never clipped out of my pedals on that one, so my bike ended up on top of me and I was in the middle of the trail. I also broke my seat when that happened. The metal base separated from the padded saddle part... no remedy but a new seat.


Thank goodness for helmets.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! Perhaps you should visit NSUH and get that looked at. At least take the tree to a arborist to make sure it is okay.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home