Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Leg Troubles

I was recently posed a question: Would you rather have a bionic leg, or a bionic arm? I thought that was pretty silly: What would you do with ONE bionic leg? Run really fast in a circle? Better question: ONE bionic arm or TWO bionic legs?

I would choose the legs.

I was down at Dauset Nature Trails for some riding on Saturday afternoon with Mr. Vit-One and Drew. We did about 16 miles of mountain biking. Dauset is really awesome. It has a lot of trails, plenty of hilly stuff, as well as plenty of not-as-hilly stuff for all levels of bikers. One hilly section got to me though and I wiped out pretty hard. As soon as I hit the ground Drew was heard to remark, "this would be a better way to do it." Drew was right. There was a better way very close-by. I was still on my ass though, and it cost me some serious bruising on my right though and left knee.

Sunday I went back with Ali and I took the better path. I did not fall Sunday, tired though I was. I did about 12 miles on Sunday making the weekend total 28. Good distance for a nice weekend.

Last night at soccer (men's team), I cleared a ball from our goal area and felt my right quad separate just a little. OUCH. It was pulled pretty nicely by the end of the game. I don't know if the big bad bruise from Saturday had anything to do with it... or just being worn out maybe? Either way, end result is a pulled quad muscle in need of rehab. Sadly that means no co-ed socer tonight.

Hopefully this won't affect my trip to the Carribean next week!! It actually should be fine, just a little healthy paranoia.

Speaking of the trip, I got a new digital camera last night too. It is a Canon Digital Elph (SD550). The technology is pretty amazing. It is tiny, but very very powerful and fast. I got a removable memory card too, it can hold 1GB of data on it! That's a lot of quality pictures of my ass on the beach. I guess I can take pictures of other stuff too, but why not take four hundred pictures of my ass and the sand?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home