Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Soccer

I've been playing co-ed soccer on Wed. nights for the past few months. Last night I played in my first men's league game. This is the first competitive men's soccer I've played in about eleven years. It was really fun to get back into it. Indoor is very different from outdoor with regular large size fields. It's much more about good field sense and sharp passing. The team I picked up with is really fun. They all seem to know what they're doing and they were pretty cool with having me on the team. I also don't have to play goalie like I have been on the co-ed team. That's pretty awesome itself. That only lasted until the second half last night though. Our goalie got a red card when someone pushed him down and he got into a fight. So I went in and finished out the last ten minutes. I guess I'll be filling in next week to while our guy spends his suspension at home. That's OK. I don't mind playing in goal, as long as there are no shots on me and we're scoring at least five of our own... Just kidding, it's OK back there.

I'm still on the co-ed team too. That season starts tonight, and we have a new player who played goal in college, so I am off the hook for that team too. That's so cool! I'll be playing the field until that guy gets a card I guess. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home