Tuesday, May 16, 2006

P.I. !!!! (not magnum)

P.I. Poison Ivy.... I've got it.

Last night, while mountain biking with Mr. Vit-one, I came across a downhill which we've done before... but someone had put a log across it. So, we decided to approach this hill from a new perspective, we took the drop followed by the sharp left turn. Nick went first and cleared the hill handily, so I followed thinking I would make a graceful exit from this minor technical challenge. Sadly, things did not go as smoothly as expected. I hit the drop and promptly planted my front wheel in the dirt. The physics are pretty easy to see, stopped front wheel, forward momentum, back wheel that is elevated.... all equals biker going head first over the bike and into the tree in the sharp left turn. Luckily (or skillfully) I avoided the tree with my face, but got some nice bruises and scrapes on my left forearm and shoulder. The unlucky part is the P.I. which broke my fall. I landed face first in a huge patch of poison ivy!!! YAY!!!!! I went to Nick's place to shower with his Burt's Bees anti-Ivy soap, but alas, when I look at the stuff I break out. I am now developing some big red bumps on my chin and jaw. It itches like hell. I even used Technu anti-Ivy cream.

The first thing I said upon landing was to yell to Nick... not that I was fine, but to ask, "Did you see that?!?!?!" I think it must have looked really cool. I had a little trouble standing up from the odd contorsionist position I found myself in, but I made it to standing and determined that nothing was broken. He looked a little worried.

Damn PI, I don't know if I even need to touch the stuff, much less fall into it. I think if I stand down wind from PI it will find me. How I wish it was merely Magnum PI who broke my fall, that would be a much better story (though he might have been surprised to have a biker land on him in the middle of the woods).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home