Thursday, December 21, 2006

BALL season ends


Our co-ed soccer season came to an end last night with a whimper. We lost 2-1 in the first round of the end of season tournament. The 'whimper' part is that we lost to a team that we beat by a landslide earlier in the season. You may remember a post back in October some time when I scored 4 goals in one game? Well, that was this team. Sadly, in the 22 minute tournament game we (and when I say "we" I mean "I" since I had to play goal last night) let them put 2 in our net. We started short handed since people were a bit late for the 6:30 start time. Ironically, we scored while we were a player down. Then they came back and scored from a free-kick, and again on a fast-break.

Tuesday ended the men's season too. That was also a short-handed game, and we also lost 2-1. I really thought we could win that one while we were playing it, but they had a great goal off of one guy's mid-air volley. It was impressive.

So, we'll start back up in January. The teams will both stay with relatively the same roster. Hopefully we can have a much better season with the men's team. I think we only had 2 wins all season with that one. Not great for playing 8 games. The co-ed team had a much better record, I think we had 4 wins and a couple of ties. Hopefully we will keep that up for the next season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home