Sunday, November 13, 2005

Bull Mountain and Drag Queens

Adam and I did the Bull Mountain Loop trail yesterday. That involves 11 miles of up and down; up and down; up and down on the mountain bikes. It was killer on the legs, but pretty fun stuff. The first several miles feel like they are all up-hill. This was a first time for both of us and we'd heard horror stories from Ali and Mr. Vit-One about it being "up-hill in both directions," as well as "very easy to get lost on the trails and have to backtrack (up-hill of course)." We failed to get lost and had a great time once we reached the upper mountain. It's all down-hill from there you see. It was a great ride down. I was riding Drew's bike (thank you Drew) and it did very well. There were a few spots going down an old logging road covered with rocks where I wished I had a full suspension bike. . . it's a little hard on the rear. There was a point where we were cruising down a a pretty good clip, Adam was about 50-60 yards ahead of me, and I hit something in the road. Was it a rock, a log? Who knows, I couldn't see it covered with fallen leaves. The front shock did a good job of absorbing the initial hit, but the hardtail sent me veering off track wildly to my left. Luckily this was a wide road, not single track and I could regain control just as I was heading for the embankment, no spill for me. Other than that we had no falls, no crying, no getting lost.

After a long day of biking, what better night cap than to go to Charlie Brown's Cabaret and see lip-synching female impersonators?!?!! KNB is getting married on New Years Eve and last night was her bachelorette party. It was co-ed, so of course we had to see drag queens. Charlie Brown is a hilariously irreverent queen with a distinct hatred for republicans in her club. She spent a lot of time railing on the two older men who appeared to be from Cobb county. It was very funny. The performers were pretty good too. They ranged from male to very male, from blond to redhead to brunette, from Egyptian to Brazillian to Whitney Houston!! (On a side note: The performer portraying Ms. Whitney Houston is leaving on a world tour to do three months in Australia performing her show. Then she will be doing three months in SouthEast Asia as Ms. Houston... What a life!!!) The odd thing that everyone commented on: lots of them had breast implants. In fact several of them were only wearing pasties. It seems a little like cheating doesn't it? Not being versed in the ways of the Drag Queen, I have no idea if implants are "cheating." I'll have to ask the Lady Chablis. (Some friends at the party have actually seen the Lady at her show in Savannah - I'm jealous) After the show it was definitely bed time, I was all Dragged out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home