Sunday, October 30, 2005

Under the Weather - For Halloween!!

I seem to have gotten a sniffle. Surprising the amount it can slow you down. I didn't even have the energy to dress up for a costume party last night! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays too, but I just couldn't muster the mustard.

I had a very funny personal experience at work this week (nothing like last week thankfully). I was sitting around doing work with a few DA's and a coworker when one of the DA's said I was "too quiet and too serious." Wow. I've been called a lot of things, but quiet has NEVER been something to describe me. She obviously doesn't know me very well. Growing up I was constantly scolded for being too loud; at the last wedding I was at Greg indtroduced me as "the funniest kid I have met." (I'm particularly proud of that one) But somehow at work I am too quiet and too serious. Actually, I have to admit, at work I have a different personality. It isn't a Jekkel and Hyde, but I have learned when to use my 'outside voice' and when to use the 'work persona.' I am pretty serious at work, mostly because I have a work ethic. I am usually the first person in the office in the morning, one of the last to leave, always in a suit... this is probably a shock to people who don't know Work Jay. Anyway, my coworker in the room quickly corrected her and said I was an OK guy... I gues quiet and serious are not OK? Anyway, it made me laugh later on. That night at a work party I felt I had to wear my earrings to disuade anyone from thinking I am all work and no play. :)

Other goings on so far this week:

Rode at waterworks twice. Two good workouts, but on Wed. I forgot to eat anything all day. That lead to a few moments of nausia during a break, but no boot and rally was necessary. Finished out two loops with no real problems. That camelbak is so very handy.

I sent a package to Mr. Vit-One over in Australia. It is fun to track it's progress around the world. I sent it Thursday afternoon, it got to Memphis Thursday night, then Honolulu on Friday morning, in Australia by Saturday night! It is currently held up in customs or something, it is a "regulatory agency clearance delay" whatever that means. Hopefully is doesn't mean, "The package he gave you to send to him is full of weed and your name is on it, so you are going to jail for trafficking." I am willing to bet that's not the problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home