Monday, November 07, 2005

Slow Times call for Slow Men

Not much going on these days. This weekend was beautiful, sunny and 76 during the day, equally nice at night. Sadly I did not take advantage with any bike riding or outdoor workouts. Does it count if we ate brunch outside on Sunday?

We got to Atlantic Station this weekend. Saw 'Jarhead' on Friday night. It was pretty good. CNN calls it "A war movie without a war." I think the reviewers missed the point. I really like Peter Sarsgaard. He plays the main character's buddy in Jarhead, and he was also in Garden State and Kinsey. I like everything he's been in the last few years, let's hope to see him more. Atlanta Station itself is an interesting little Mall/Development. It is like an outdoor California Mall with restaurants, shops, movie theater, grocery store, condos, office space and bars. Once they get the whole thing finished it could be cool. Although, it seems more like a snotty mall environment (like Lenox) than a downtown community which the developers had promoted. Jury is still out for a final verdict on this one.

I picked up some interesting cases last week. One is an armed robbery case against five teens. Actually, it is around three armed robberies in the span of an hour or two. All the co-defendants are 17 except one who is 18. All charged with death-penalty eligible crimes. None have graduated from high school yet. I also picked up a client who only speaks Korean. She and I had a hard time communicating. I need to find a Korean translator who the county will pay for, so I can tell her why she's in jail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home