Wednesday, September 12, 2007

+1 to the list of people I know who have been CAR-JACKED

There was a time when I did not know anyone who had been robbed at
gunpoint, or car-jacked.

I recently had to start a list, and now I have to add to it. A friend
who lives about a mile away was standing outside his house at 4:00
this morning. He was talking to a girl in her car as she was leaving,
and a guy walked up to them. He thought that this guy was going to
ask for money or something, but he pulled out a small revolver and
demanded the car and her purse.

So, this is the third person I know in my neighborhood who have had
guns pulled on them.... city living!! The only difference between
the prior cases and this one, is that now I am working in the county
where this crime was committed. So, someone from my office will get
this guy as a client if he is caught. I guess these are the perils of
living (and working) in a neighborhood that's still "on its way up."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

When I was in law school, I interned at the PD's Office in the same county where my car was broken into.

I thought, "Damn, can we conflict him out?" But he never caught. BIG shock.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In my former office, a senior PD's home was burglarized. We represented the client. Um...conflict? Powers that be said no. Among the many reasons I had to leave that office.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home