Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I broke my hand


It seems I am not quite done with trips to the E.R. This year there was no ski trip, so there were no ski injuries. In years ppast we've always had a trip to the ER on the road in Nevada or Colorado or somewhere exotic. Shannon in 2005 with a torn ACL, Matt in 2006 with a spiral fracture of his leg, and the prize pools were not ALL favoring me for a fall this year... but the pools did not account for soccer!

Last night I took a shot in the hand from pretty close. I didn't think it was broken at first, and played out the rest of the game. When I had Ali look at it later, he pulled my finger (!) and it popped back and forth in a rather disturbing manner. So. off for x-rays and a splint.

I need to go to the Orthoscoper tomorrow to see if I need any surgery done, and will keep all aprised of the situation.

Typing with just my right hand is very tiring.


Note: that is not my hand above, just an image from cyberspace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! You have to figure someone like you will break every bone in his body eventually - I mean with your adventures and all. Keep us updated; I'll keep my fingers crossed for no surgery.

6:19 PM  
Blogger sas said...

Uggg! Hope it feels better soon. That is a cool picture from cyberspace.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home