Thursday, March 15, 2007

Gotta Get Out

I think my time in my current position has run its course. Since I started this job I have grown increasingly frustrated with the inefficiency with which my office is run. I've been staying here based on promises of progress within the office and within the county. Needless to say, no progress has been made to improve client representation, nobody is held accountable, and the depressing status quo is held onto tighter than a fat baby grabbing a lollipop. Innovation and quality assurance are both still very much frowned upon.

So... do you need a new co-worker? Are you looking for a trial attorney with second-chair Felony trial experience? Yes, sadly I have not tried my own case yet. I've been second chair on a Child Molestation case, and also one Trafficking Cocaine case. I've picked a jury or two also. I am supposed to second-chair a murder trial starting May 21st.... maybe I need to hang on until then. I'd probably have a much better chance at landing a job in another PD office if I could say that I've been involved in a Murder trial. Even if I am not lead counsel.

In other circuits PDs start off in State Court with misdemeanor cases, or even traffic court. I can't really say that I'm interested in traffic court. Though, if I were to go into private practice it would be a good experience to have. As would State Court. There are plenty of college students who get busted for misdemeanor charges who will pay good money to keep things off their record. BUT: I don't even feel like I want to go into private practice any time soon. I really want to stay a PD. I just want a better place to be one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Here in NM we're always hiring attorneys. Do you like the desert?

6:02 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

New Mexico would be cool. I loved the trip or two I took there as a kid. I actually looked at the Bar Admission requirements for Hawaii too.... there's public defender office on Kauai that I dream could use my help.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happen to know your wife is re-locatable. Best of luck!

5:13 PM  
Blogger sas said...

Maybe you guys should come to Colorado... Andy will give you beer if you do.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Yes, Colorado would be good. Snow and mountains means Skiing and Mountain Biking! A sport for every season. Though more importantly, really good beer.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home