Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Forehead Stitches

A few weeks ago I got a bump on the head and needed some stitches. Well, it was a little more than a bump, it was a rather hard smash. It left a pretty good scar, but the medical student who stitched it up was good and it's the best it can be. It was pretty hard to take pictures of the stitches, Julie had to help me out quite a bit. Here are my first (pretty pathetic) attempts:



OK, smile for us, there you go:



Wow, that's a lot of acreage on the noggin there!!



By this point I'm cracking myself up the pictures look so weird. I felt like I had an alien forehead...



Anyway, you get the point. In those photos you can still see some of the bruising that came along with the impact. All in all though, it was not as bad as it looked. I never got a headache, never lost consciousness, no CAT scans or eyeball tests. Overall I would not suggest it as a form of recreation, but not at all the worst soccer injury ever.

2 Comments:

Blogger swd said...

It's the wide-angle that makes the noggin' so big.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I got a very similar one like you tonight. I run into a fence pole and the metal wire on it cut my forehead. I thought about to skip the hospital since it's late and ER will charge me like hell. But my wife still persuade me to get there. The doctor gave me 7 stitches for it.

Hope yours won't leave a too much noticeable scar. I am crossing my fingers for mine...

Take care

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home