Friday, May 25, 2007

Swim Workout

I'm on a plane heading for Denver for a boulder wedding tomorrow
night.... Congrats Steph and Andy!!!!!!! But that's not the swimming
story. I joined the GSU gym as an alum this week, so I can train for
the upcoming triathlon of course. I did my first swim workout with
Shannon this afternoon and it hurt. A lot. I didn't think it would be
this bad, but I'm sore. As I was swimming, I forgot to count my laps,
so I have no idea how far I was able to make it in 30 minutes. But I
did think about how long its been since I did ANY swim workout. I was
a senior in college, 8 years ago, I was 23 years old and in much
better shape than now.

So, I did a bunch of laps and checked my watch since I thought I'd
been at least 3/4 of the way done..... Only 10 minutes in. At least I
was keeping up a good pace. Ok, not really, but I felt like I was
building miuscle mass like a medman.

So, it looks like I'm going to be taking a lot of swim workouts pretty
seriously from now until August. Or, instead, maybe I'll just buy a
jetski.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Julie swimming too? Watch out, she has strong shoulders. She'll kick your butt.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My tri-buddies brought a workout from Dynoswim to the pool last night. I just went to their site, tons of workouts, www.dynoswim.com

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home