Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm 33 (No Baby Yet)

I turned 33 this week. It feels pretty much the same as 32. Also, very close to 31. Whoa, I accidentally typed 21 there. That was some quick backspacing!! 33 does not feel at all like 21. Although, I can't say exactly what it is that is different. Julie and I no longer have roommates like we did when we were 21. We no longer marvel at the ability to buy fine wines and beers, although we do marvel at being asked for ID sometimes. What else??... ?? Oh yeah, we're expecting a baby at 33. I could not even imagine that at 21. Although in theory I'm sure it was on my mind at the time.

No baby yet. Still waiting. We went to the doctor yesterday for a weekly check: No action. Nothing stirring yet. Everyone's very healthy though, so that's good. Next week we have an untrasound to say hello to the little guy or gal. Well, he or she will say hello to us by waving or something, I guess we won't be able to say hi since he/she doesn't have an ultrasound screen in there to check us out. That would be very cramped quarters. The doctor told us that she estimates the kid to be about 7 lbs. My coworker tells me that they can tell pretty closely that way, though it doesn't look very scientific when they just push on the belly with both hands. 7lbs would be good, not too big, not too small. "It's no 10 pounder, that's for sure!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home